- Bachelors in Technology, Electronics and Communication Engineering, 2007 - 2011
- Masters in Physics, University of Utah, 2014 - 2016
- PhD in Physics (Pursuing), 2014 - present
- Assistant Systems Engineer, (2011 - 2012) at Tata Consultancy Service Pvt. Ltd.
- Developed programs in Java and MySQL for insurance projects in a team
- Student Intern, (2012 - 2014) at Osmania University, Hyderabad, India
- Worked on a project of “Mass Segregation in Star Clusters” under the guidance of Prof. S.N.Hasan.
- Simulated star clusters to observe how they behave on a given timescale.
- Student Intern, (2013 - 2014) at Centre for Excellence in Basic Science, Mumbai, India
- Contributed to a project on ‘Extragalactic Multi-Wavelength Analysis of Radio Sources’ under the supervision of Dr. Ananda Hota.
- Examined the environment and properties of the radio source and deduced the presence of galaxy growth and clusters.
- Teaching Assistant, (2014 - 2015) at University of Utah, Utah, USA
- Undergraduate level Observational Astronomy class (ASTR 4060)
- Undergraduate level astronomy class, The Universe (ASTR 1060)
- Research Assistant, (2015 - present) at University of Utah, Utah, USA
- Research on detecting enhanced mass-to-light ratios in nearby low-mass early-type galaxies.
- Creating mass models for nearby galaxies for estimating black hole masses.
- Finding nuclear star cluster masses and densities in nearby galaxies by creating high-resolution mass models.
- Estimating black hole mass in a globular cluster of M31 using dynamical modeling.
- Python, C, IRAF, R, MATLAB, Java, PLSQL
- Data Analysis
- Spectroscopic reduction techniques, Photometry of galaxies using various dust masking techniques, MCMC optimization, HST data analysis, Astrodrizzle, IFU data analysis, Multi-Gaussian expansion models, Jeans Anisotropic modeling, pPXF, Voronoi binning, Stellar population synthesis modeling, GALFIT, IMFIT
- Pechetti, Renuka; Seth, Anil;Sebastian Kamann;Mark den Brok; Nelson Caldwel; Mark Gieles; Nora Lutzgendorf; Nadine Neumayer; Jay Strader; David Sand; Ricardo Schiavon; Karina Voggel; “Detection of a 100,000 M☉ IMBH in M31’s most massive globular cluster: A tidally stripped nucleus”
- Pechetti, Renuka; Seth, Anil; Neumayer, Nadine; Georgiev, Iskren; Kacharov, Nikolay; den Brok, Mark; Strader, Jay; “Luminosity models and densities of nuclear star clusters for a nearby volume-limited sample of 28 galaxies”.
- Pechetti, Renuka; Seth, Anil; Cappellari, Michele; McDermid, Richard; den Brok, Mark; Mieske, Steffen; Strader, Jay; “Detection of Enhanced Central Mass-to-light Ratios in Low-mass Early-type Galaxies: Evidence for Black Holes?”
- Ahn, Christopher P.; Seth, Anil C.; Cappellari, Michele; Krajnovic, Davor; Strader, Jay; Voggel, Karina T.; Walsh, Jonelle L.; Bahramian, Arash; Baumgardt, Holger; Brodie, Jean; Chilingarian, Igor; Chomiuk, Laura; den Brok, Mark; Frank, Matthias; Hilker, Michael, McDermid, Richard; Mieske, Steffen; Neumayer, Nadine; Nguyen, Dieu D.; Pechetti, Renuka; Romanowsky, Aaron J.; Spitler, Lee; “The Black Hole in the Most Massive Ultracompact Dwarf Galaxy M59-UCD3”
- Nguyen, Dieu D.; Seth, Anil C.; Neumayer, Nadine; Kamann, Sebastian; Voggel, Karina T.; Cappellari, Michele; Picotti, Arianna; . Nguyen, Phuong M; Böker, Torsten; Debattista, Victor; Caldwell, Nelson; McDermid, Richard; Bastian, Nathan; Ahn, Christopher C.; Pechetti, Renuka; “Nearby Early-type Galactic Nuclei at High Resolution: Dynamical Black Hole and Nuclear Star Cluster Mass Measurements”
- Nguyen, Dieu D.; Seth, Anil C.; Neumayer, Nadine; Iguchi, Satoru; Cappellari, Michelle; Strader, Jay; Chomiuk, Laura; Tremou, Evangelia; Pacucci, Fabio; Nakanishi, Kouichiro; Bahramian, Arash; Nguyen, Phuong M.; den Brok, Mark; Ahn, Christopher C.; Voggel, Karina T.; Kacharov, Nikolay; Tsukui, Takafumi; Ly, Cuc K.; Dumont, Antoine; Pechetti, Renuka; “Improved Dynamical Constraints on the Masses of the Central Black Holes in Nearby Low-mass Early-type Galactic Nuclei and the First Black Hole Determination for NGC 205”
- Presented a poster on “Improved densities of nuclear star clusters as a tool to predict TDE rates” at JSI conference -‘The new faces of black holes’ held at Maryland, November 2019.
- Presented a poster on ‘Masses and Densities of Nuclear Star Clusters in nearest galaxies’ at ‘AAS - 233’ conference held at Seattle, Washington - January 2019
- Presented a talk on ‘Masses and Densities of Nuclear Star Clusters in nearest galaxies’ at ‘Survival of dense star clusters in the Milky-Way system’ conference held at Max Planck Institüt für Astronomie, Heidelberg, Germany – November 2018
- Presented a talk on ‘Enhanced central mass-to-light ratios in low-mass early-type galaxies: Evidence for black holes?’ at ‘CAASTRO – From Black hole to Environment’ conference conducted at Australia National University, Canberra, Australia in August 2017.
- Presented a poster on ‘Enhanced central mass-to-light ratios in low-mass early-type galaxies: Evidence for black holes?’ at ‘Elusive AGN’ conference at George Mason University, Virginia in June 2017.
- Attended Summer school of Statistics at Penn State University in June, 2016.
- Attended Scicoder workshop for python in astronomy at NYU in June, 2015.
- Presented a poster on ‘Growth of galaxies and clusters traced by extended radio emission’ at ASI (Astronomical Society of India) meet, IISER Mohali in Jan 2014.
- Presented a poster on ‘Growth of galaxies and clusters traced by extended radio emission’ at Pro-Am 3 conference at TIFR, Mumbai in Oct 2013.
- Presented a talk on “Weighing centers of nearby galaxies” at Indian Institute of Astrophysics in December 2019.
- Presented a talk on “Detection of enhanced central mass-to-light ratios in low-mass early-type galaxies: Evidence for black holes?” at Max Planck Institüt für Astronomie, in May 2018.
Service and leadership
- Volunteered for the astronomy festivals at Great Basin National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park and Cedar Breaks National Monument by setting up telescopes and interacting with the public about astronomy.
- Volunteered for Science days at the University of Utah for incoming undergraduate students.
- Volunteered as a judge for posters created by undergraduates at the University of Utah.
- Conducted 10 Astronomy meets around Hyderabad, India for amateur astronomers.
Observing Runs/Telescope Time
- Scheduled an observing run at McDonald’s Observatory for observing nearby galaxies related to Gemini large collaborative project in June 2017.
- Proposal accepted: A search for an Intermediate Mass Black Hole in a very low-mass galaxy, ALMA Cycle 7, PI, 3.2 hours
- Secured Willard L. and Ruth P. Eccles Fellowship ($30,000 Stipend + $5000 travel award) for the academic year 2018-2019 at University of Utah.
- Received Outstanding Graduate Student Award for the academic year 2018-2019 at University of Utah
- Received Prime Ministers scholarship for 4 years during my undergraduate as best student for the years 2007-2011.
- Secured Best Undergraduate Student Award for the academic year 2007-2008.